Friday, June 3, 2011

This summer's model

I've been a bit AWOL recently on the old blog, not intentionally but I've actually been making hats rather than just writing about them! Yes, hat school has started in earnest; after 2 months of learning about materials, illustration and design, we've finally been let loose with the felt, steam and blocks!
I'm making a wonky black top hat, with some hot pink trimmings, which unfortunately is a little more wonky and a little less hot then ideally I'd like it to be at the moment, but certainly in the realms of fixable (by an expert at least!!). Should be finished next week fingers crossed.

Anyway, when the weather was a little warmer I caught Luscious Loleatta when she was doing a bit of sun-baking in my favourite red fedora. Doesn't she look hot?! Can never get her to keep her kit on though...

No comments:

Post a Comment