Sunday, February 3, 2013

Head On into it


Okay, hello!

My first post on I Smell a Hat, and I am going to use it to direct you head on to a current exhibition at The Fashion Space Gallery in London called, um, ‘Head On’.  

The Fashion Space Gallery is housed within the renowned London College of Fashion, which I discovered at a research event I attended there back in June 2012.

Its an interesting exhibition!   Besides taking a multi-angled glance at headwear and its relationship to clothes, hair, design and fashion styling, it may introduce you to some contemporary milliners you hadn’t yet heard of.   Check it out in person if you happen to be lucky enough to live close by, otherwise it is well documented online here:



    Phillip Meech for Lara Jensen SS13 Lookbook


A little about me….

I’ve just graduated from RMIT with a Bachelor of Design (Fashion), wrote a thesis on hats which I slowly wish to share with anyone willing to listen, have ALWAYS loved a good hat and believed they highlight character and entertain the eye in a way other fashion items can't.   Interactions with the world just seem better in a hat, fact?

I also design and make hats myself (largely under the masterful eye of Richard Nylon) aaandd for the Tumblr fans amongst you, I have a virtual headwear collection amassing here that I keep for inspiration.   Head on over for a geeze:   http://heady-stuff.tumblr.com

More talk soon (on the humble and not so humble Bowler hat) and please feel free to talk back!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment