Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Light headed in Paris

Today a new favourite milliner (I know, I'm a sleazy easy with all my favourites, but not everyone gets to be a favourite there is some strict quality control!) has come to my attention. Hellooooo Piers Atkinson, you have catapulted to the top of my lust list!
I love milliners who push the boundaries and make hats and headwear that stamp over the wobbly line of function and art, and really prefer living firmly on the art side - who cares about the function when it looks out of this world?! The bigger and madder the better; Phillip Treacy, Stephen Jones, Justin Smith are the trailblazers, and they are all British, why is this? Mad Dogs & Englishmen was never truer.

So Piers Atkinson is a genius, he's designed hats worn by an army of celebrities including Cate Blanchett, Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera, Anna Della Russo and Lily Allen and appeared in  hip style mags the world over. And his fashion CV isn't too shabby either; Zandra Rhodes, Stephen Jones, London Fashion Week, Oki-Ni, he's been a designer, illustrator, artist, fashion editor and the rest. Multi-talented personified I guess!

His A/W 2011 collection, Paris is a melange of illuminated wonders, multi-coloured hairpieces, oversized fruit and stratispheric structures. I'm inspired!

Piers Atkinson - Paris A/W 2011



  

No comments:

Post a Comment