Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A book about a lot of hats

Hats An Anthology by Stephen Jones
In a minor surge of excitement I ordered "Hats - An Anthology" today by the O so fabulous, world famous milliner, Stephen Jones
It accompanied the exhibition of the same name last year at London's showroom of historic cool, the Victoria & Albert Museum. Gawd dangit I wish I could have seen it... and just to further the blow I also found out the exhibition toured Australia earlier this year at Queensland Art Gallery... Ouch - nothing worse than hearing about these things after the event... oh well, I will make do with second best and read the book. I'm looking forward to a juicy feast of hat facts, sumptuous pictures and gorgeous designs, the pictures I have seen so far are totally devine. I will post a review when said hat book drops through the mail.

Yours excited x

P.S. copies are available from the V&A themselves (see link above), Amazon (on offer!) and as always, ebay!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hats-Anthology-Stephen-Jones/dp/1851775579

The Deluxe Edition
And if you want to splash out, there's always the extravagant super special limited edition in luxurious silk and with a signed illustration by Stephen Jones himself. I would love this, but alas, must.save.funds. 

http://www.vandashop.com/product.php?xProd=3445&navlock=1

No comments:

Post a Comment