Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tally-ho old boy!

For the last few weeks I've been lusting after a rather luscious and totally impractical green velvet, old school riding hat. You know the kind from the days of National Velvet, gymkhanas and Pony Club?

I've been having a quick perve on it every time I've been in my favourite Aladdin's den of vintage joy, Chapel Street Bazaar (if you've never been you really should - it's ace) and trying to find a reason why I should buy it other than for an irrational desire to return to childhood innocence, but not quite finding sufficient justification.

Well this weekend I gave into my inner retail devil and bought it... and don't I just love it! So green, so soft, so classic, so prim and proper... Hmmmm, now I just have to find a place to wear it.


Mummy I want a pony!


Green velvet with my birds

No comments:

Post a Comment